Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

African Viloets.....& the Friday Farmgirl Bloghop.....

A while back, in the summer I blogged about the transplanting of these Aftican Violets into the one container, and how I wanted to make a mini garden of sorts.  I have not done anything on the part of the mini yet, but the violoets have been busy blooming here as of late....2 at once...WOW... When they were in seperate containers they would bloom independently of each other....I was tickled when I saw this. I have these in a place in the living room which is behind the couch in a corner, near a window. I don't go back there often...
just to water these, and my hen n chicks which I brought in over winter, and my other cactus, which is supposed to be a Christmas Cactus...we'll see.


This is what they looked like when I transplanted them....they must like their new place, for they are lush and green and looking very heathly now....I guess it was the right thing to do...

and it will be on for Friday's Farmgirl bloghop


Happy birthday to you......stop by and visit Deoborah Jean, and help her blow out her candles.

4 comments:

Faith said...

Test...123 since I have played around with blogger, I've gotten no comments....wanted to see if everything is working ok.....

Kateri said...

Very pretty! I buy african violets every year but always seem to kill them. Though I do have two on my window sill right now that are still struggling along, but not blooming...

Susanne said...

You can bring hens and chicks in for the winter? Wow, I never knew that. Mine always lay under the snow waiting for warmer weather. I do know you can save your geraniums from year to year by removing the plant before the frost, trimming the stems back to about an inch or two of green with a leaf, and storing in a brown paper bag in a cool place that doesn't freeze. Plant them again when the danger of frost has passed. I read an article where some folks have had the same geraniums for 20+ years. It does save a bit of $ when planting time rolls around.

Teresa said...

Such pretty flowers!