Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Different kind of Holiday this year...



I'm gaining a new prospective as we hed into the holidays. I've alwyas kept things simple round here. This year it is simple with a twist..we don't have a choice.  For those of you who know, or are one of the unemployed in our country you understand what I mean. And maybe, this is just one way that we will get off the keep up with Jones fastrack which has overtaken our country. I'm hoping out of all this mess, that we will once again be the "Shining City on the Hill " as Ronald Reagan coined many years ago.  I know we are not alone. And if there are any of you within the sound of my voice, if you get one thing out of my blog today..we are not alone.

 When the dust all settles, we are still America. I have great hope that out of all the adversity and strife there is today, that lessons will be learned, and new prospectives, and opportunities will abound again, for us all. I have to believe that.  I'm not going through much more different times then did my Grandparents.  Oh what a strong bunch of folks that was...and now we are making a new generation of the same..through adversity and sometimes dispair, forging the way as they did for us.

I wait patiently, and we work the plan we are given each day..what else can we do. So this Thanksgiving and Christmas, may be a tad bit different for us...we are still a family, in intact unit with a roof over our heads and food on the table.. We are Thankful and Grateful.. it has been a rough year for us, and for many. 
We remain hopeful.....and no it isn't easy....but
We are Thankful..




6 comments:

Mary said...

Faith, your family is certainly not alone. I believe frustration grows each day and I do pray for some leadership that is solid and can move us forward to the America we once were. Our holidays are so different also. Jim no longer remembers what Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. are. Having simpler holidays can be a good thing. Christmas as so many celebrate it is far from what it should be right? Thinking of you and your family today and praying for you. Please keep my family in your prayers. God is good and He is faithful.

Faith said...

Amen! And you in ours also Mary..so many...so many.. God is
always on Time....we are so inpatient....

Kateri said...

Faith, Prayers for you and your family. I know just a little of the stress...we got the anouncement 3 weeks ago that our company is closing their Michigan offices 12/2...giving us 6 weeks to find new jobs. (I have several prospects and am now confident that I will be starting a new job come December, but it has been a stressful past few weeks.)Not easy to face long unemployment! I hope you and your family will be able to have a wonderful family centered holiday.

Kateri said...

PS, also wanted to say I love the new look of your blog.

glor said...

My prayers always. This is a beautifully written post filled with heart and determination. That which America was built on and through which will continue. God bless.

Faith said...

Thank you all Ladies....the Heart will remain hopefull in spite of what the eye see.