Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, November 12, 2011

It isn't Monday....but I am a free spirit...I like to go where the wind takes me..







See, I told you I cannot keep a schedule of things to do...But I made 2 loaves of bread today, and 8 rolls. Soon the homestead will have that wonderful, familiar, tummy filling, heartwarming, comforting smell of the fresh loaves from the oven.  I am hard pressed at the moment to come up with an aroma which surpasses this lovely. But wait!  The smell of Thanksgiving Turkey in the oven....WOW....that is a hugh, comfort smell. I am so thankful for my nose, and the keen sense of smell which is present. A blessing to be sure. I think what I need to do though, since I cannot keep a schedule..I am about to clean out a closet, which was nowhere on the radar even 1 hour ago...but anyhoo....Perhaps I should make a meal plan?  Do any of you do that? and then shop according to?  I shop according to the taste plan...what do I have a taste for...hee hee.....Always something with me....free as a bird, changing on a whim...I guess I like it that way to some extent, for in real life arn't we always having to be somewhere, doing something at a particular time..So when I am on me time, I like to keep it simple, no rules.

2 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, Ethel, I just had to stop in and see all the yummy home-baked goodies I'm smelling! Isn't it wonderful that the cooler weather is finally allowing us to fire up our ovens again for all our baking endeavors! We are still finishing up the pumpkin cookies I made; and I took out the other half of our black cat cake from the freezer, so we're finishing that off too! I've made a couple batches of Bev's (One Yarn After Another) baked custard... and I'm thinking I'd like to try a new apple bread recipe I found, if I can still find where I put/saved it! The sun is shining here, but there will be a nip in the air! Still I think Dear Son and I will take advantage of what time we've got left to walk the dog. We'll just dress a little warmer! Hope you and yours are enjoying the weekend! ~Lucy

vikki said...

just popping in to say a hello...i have tried the meal planning, doesn't work to well at my house. Have a great weekend.