Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, December 4, 2011

December? Really?

The Calender says it is December...Really?   The thermometer outside says 50....now, I'm not complaining because I know in NE Ohio, it will come soon enough and if it is Lake Effect snowflakes, it'll more then make up for the unseasonal weather we are having.  I'm one of the weird ones who don't mind dark and dreary at times, and at this time of year I like it to seem like the Christmas Season is approaching, I'm having a hard time with the whole Christmas theme here...but soon I'll succomb to it anyway and just decorate. The little tree I was working on is almost done crochet wise, I have about 3 rows of branches, and then the assembly.  Stopping at Micheals today coupon in hand, to get a few things for the frame of this tree, and some lights...and then off to work. :(    

I am trying to make flatbread pizza crust today....?????? so we'll see. The guys eat easy on the w/e when I work, simple and guy food ......I save the homecooking good stuff when I am home...which will be tomarrow...:)  

3 comments:

glor said...

Can't wait to see the tree, bets is beautiful!! Flatbread pizza, can I come for some of that guy food too? P L E A S E? Sounds very good. Have a good evening ... blessings.

Laura said...

I was just telling my husband that I just can't seem to get into the Christmas spirit (I'm actually writing about that now too). It's not that I'm depressed or anything, just can't get with it. He thought that it was probably this mild weather. I think he's right. I did get the decorating done and started the shopping. Now to get started with the wrapping and baking...

Sandy said...

Flat bread pizza...love it and have wanted to make it. Let me know how that turns out for you. We're having a really ugly day here (again), sigh. I'm not a fan of the dark and gloomy. Seems like a true Monday though, lol.