Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chrochet Christmas Tree ...is finished

You know what this means...
Oh Bother!  
Well, as we attempt to get back to some sense of "normal" here....I had a list of things to do, and then...
a wee bit of unexpected stomach flu or something, and at the same time my DH, back issues which took him out of the loop...Dr. said sciatica....We are both moving around today...what a 24 hours. The house....looks like it was hit by a cyclone or something...I was in bed all day yesterday...so today...I work...
Tomarrow is our son's 16 birthday....
and he would like a cheesecake ( his favorite)...always an ambitious undertaking for me...not that it is hard, but sometimes the crust....welll is toffee like...and most difficult to cut even with a knife. oh well....:)

And...on the crochet front...The chrochet Christmas tree is 99% done, some tweeking is necessary, I am overall pleased with it, and when lit is so very pretty...I hope that picture comes out...that will be for a different day, as I havn't taken the picture of the tree at nightime.  
The pattern overall wasn't bad once I got the hang ot if. I calls for crocheting with 2 strands together..I used only one and it worked out fine..I had posted a few days earlier about the tree. My DH fixed up the frame part of it for me...The lights....I would have to say were the most difficult part...but I am happy with it...and like the colors I chose for the yarn.
Here it is...in the daytime.....

It stands roughly 22" tall. looking forward to turning on the lights tonight and seeing how preety it looks.....
Well, disaster relief duty is coming up...back to the cleaning and straightening...maybe after a bit of Cheerios's  I got rumbly in my tumbly... 

This is not my pattern, and so I can only share with you and give credit to whom originated the design.
The patten is from a 1989 pamphlet by Judith Vaulkner.


5 comments:

vikki said...

Hi Faith..I think you did a great job on the tree..I just posted a pic of my green one on my blog..just finished it last night..the lights are such a bear. I used two strands of yarn, and the tree is approx. 46" tall. I am starting a smaller one today with red and white yarn..I hope it looks as good in life as what my head has pictured. Drop by my blog and take a peek..let me know what you think. Have a great day.

Mary said...

Wow Faith, it turned out beautiful, I love it, so pretty. Will you post a picture with the lights on? Sorry about your stomach bug. Darling granddaughter caught something too. She was up last night sick and didn't go to school today. She is better today but they are keeping her home tomorrow. When they called school, it must be going around, 4 other students had also called in sick with it.
I love that built in shelf I see in your picture. Do you live in an older home? They have such character, like your shelves.
Hope you are feeling back to normal and your hubby also.

Faith said...

Thank you ladies, I enjoyed making this tree, and am pretty happy with the results. Thanks for stopping over.

Mary said...

Hello again Faith. No I never heard back. I have made 6 of the roses in different pastel colors. I wish I could find that mauve color thread that the lady used for her roses. They looked so pretty. She has a nice blog, makes very pretty things. Life has been difficult this week and I haven't crocheted. Tomorrow is a new day.

Kelsie From Our Country Home said...

So sorry you have been unwell...It is amazing how just one day in bed and the house explodes into mess and chaos.

The tree is lovely, you are very clever indeed.

Blessings Kelsie