Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, July 6, 2013

We've never met or have we?

This is a blast from the past post, I blogged at one time every day....
I caught myself going over these treasures as a reminder of why it is
that I will not stop blogging...slowed down a bit until I have something to write home about so to speak..life has it's way of getting your attention, and so for now it has mine...so for now some nuggets from the past...
 
Enjoy
 
It sure seems like it...ah the wonder of the blogosphere...it amazes me at times how much a part of our lives are interwined, on a daily basis. And yet, we wouldn't know each other if we passed each other at Micheals, JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby. It's a funny thing I think about when I frequent these places, what if....one of you is there at the same time I am...it is doubtful for we are scattered about the globe...but it is a fun thing to think about...and I get giddy when somebody stops to take the time to chit chat...(not often)...in the old yarn isle...is it you? I wonder...
Thoughts are what keep us all " hooked " up together ( pardon the pun....I received this ever so lovely
from a dear friend, who I've never met...we correspond almost daily in one fashion or another, and yet
have never had the true pleasure of meeting or greeting each other in Micheals...
As my friend, and I call her my friend, for we have shared some tears, and prayers together, laughter and even a few dreams and what if's...together... She wrote in her card that Pansy is the flower for thoughts,
and that I am in hers.. This lovely potholder was made by Gloria over at Crochet Galore, we did the swap together, and she sent this lovely potholder and some other very lovely items to me in a Christmas Package..   
you can visit Gloria here http://glor-crochetgalore.blogspot.com/

How wonderous is this?
Pen Pals 2011 style....
 
3 years since I penned this, and Gloria has turned from my friend,
and now I call her my sister....
a benefit of blogging....
and isn't this a lovely potholder?
It adornes my "kitchy" cabinet, where I put special things....of honor...

8 comments:

glor said...

Wouldn't that be amazing to find ourselves in line at the checkout counter? One never knows, do they. One certainty, our hearts and souls do know. And that is grand. May the season's love be yours for all time. Blessings.

Charlotte said...

Merry Christmas to one of my blogging friends. I would love to meet all of my blogging friends!

vikki said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours..Sure would be neat to meet my blog friends!! I keep hoping someone from my area will join my blog.

Kateri said...

I love the connection that blogging brings.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

The pot holder is awesome, just as Gloria is awesome. She is such a wonderful person, and so are you, too dear friend.

Blessings always

Sandy said...

That's beautiful. Yes I believe we can make some real connections here in the blog world, find people that if we didn't have geographic distances separating us would indeed be face to face friends. I've been fortunate enough to meet a few people face to face after knowing them on the net in one way or another. Some people say they think social networking has diminished social skills in person, maybe for young people who use it instead of face to face there's some truth to it, but for me...it's broaden my social life. I've met people through Bridge and Beyond, my charity blog, I've met people through Find A Grave and Genealogy that I very much call my friends.

A post worth repeating!

Faith said...

Thank you to all who commented when I first posted this, and to those who post after. This is one of the wonderful things about blogging...the connection...I agree with Sandy...

Patricia Lewis said...

How beautiful :)) I love the friends I have made over the internet.. Never thought when I was young that this was at all possible, it was snail mail.. and that in itself was exciting waiting for the posty to call..:))

The pansy was my DADs favourite flower... now I know why ..
Blessings dear Faith..
Pat :))