Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, January 7, 2012

a blessing in my heart...

Do you Remember?

I was making the bed today, you know how your mind kind of wanders and you have a thought about something random, and it just leads to so many thoughts and sometimes (often) leads you back to a particular thought which has nothing to do with what you were thinking about?  Well, anyway I had one of those today, often they take me back to places I don't want to go..but this time  I thought of my Mom...and I remember how whenever she go a new purse she would put a penny in it for good luck. Oh how I wish I could hug her right now...something so simple, and genuine and it has stuck in my mind for all these years, only to come out today, when I was making a bed...How wonderfully blessed I feel to recall this memory. Wasn't mom's purse always so special as a little girl?  Always very simple in nature, within our means and functional..always had a hankie in it, always...I have begun to carry one as well. And there was the penny for luck..Maybe that is what's wrong...I don't put a penny in there...have to change that.
I can hear in my memory telling me about the penny in the new purse.....such a warm and comforting message..  

So today....Put a penny in your purse...especially if it is a new purse...

internet photo credit
I love these old fashioned clasps on these purses...and wish that I could find a purse which has one...look at the simple elegance of this purse.

5 comments:

glor said...

What a lovely, touching post. I too find the thoughts of time gone by are so filled and yet leave us wanting for a time much less stressed. I have to look for one of those purses. Have a blessed day.

Mary said...

What a pretty periwinkle-blue purse. I also love those clasps and the sweet hankies that go in these old handbags. My DH's grandmother used to say that about the pennies, too.

DaCraftyLady said...

so true those bags were just elegant...I love the color blue it is too...my mom always had a hankie too, something these days that is rare. I went on a trip last summer and stopped in an antique shop that had a bunch of hankies and I bought them up and crocheted trim around all of them. Now I carry a pretty one with me all the time. And I am adding a penny to my bag, I loved your post.. :)

Michelle said...

I always love your post. They are so warm and heart felt.

Faith said...

Thank you all for stopping...I found a few antique hankies at a resale shope...I have one particular well a few which are my favorites, and I've got one in my purse....such a sweet memory. I love when you all stop by.