Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The colors of this pesky hexy cheer me...

On this snowy shade of grey day here in NE Ohio
I made this several years ago now...it took me probably 1 1/2 years to actively make the hexagons and then it was time to assemble and join..( not my favorite part. I don't like to do piece work..But I had it in my mind to do this and do it I did. I noticed I need to rejoin a few pieces, and I found one where the crochet itself is loose..I must put this on my to do list, before it unravels. I am not a joiner.. I'm happy with the afghan itself, but doubt I would ever make another one. I keep it over the back of my couch. I enjoy still, looking at it, and the colors cheer me.  Hoping someday it will be an heirloom, pondering where and who will end up with it.  This was a large project, and am more of a simple hand held not to long kind of gal now. For one
thing impatient as I am.  I finished up the coffee pot, and am making the little flowers for it..and soon I'll show you that picture.Trying to build up some inventory...and a little variety....

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I don't like to join either. I like to make projects in one piece or join as you go.

Kateri said...

It is lovely and looks very cheery--perfect for a grey day. I can't even begin to imagine all the hours that went into making it though!