Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Have you ever....


Just randomly typed into the browser keywords for vintage crochet, or vintage woman crochet, along those lines? And just looked at the photographs there...pages and pages of them of vintage pictures such as the one above...I just get enthralled with all of these, and often wonder what my life would have been like had I lived during this time period. The ladies so elegant, simple in nature...allowing the natural beauty of their features to shine through, not covered up, but accentuated. Classy, elegant and ever so pretty.  Have you ever heard of a fascinator? That is what this is the lovely lady is wearing..I've never seen anyone  in one of these, and I may like  to add this to my things to do...I won't of course look as elegant as this gal, but we may start a whole new trend again...being that there is nothing new under the sun, and what is old can be made new again to a new group of people..Isn't that interesting...
A fascinator...have not heard of these before, and find the name curious..research will be required, but I like the look of it.
Imagine that...a fascinator....

Dishclothes...in the near future...thank you to all of you who commented, it was helpful and always an uplifting visit..Thank you....

2 comments:

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

I love to type in vintage anything and just look at the pictures also. Could spend hours...
Connie

Sandy said...

Beautiful!