Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, January 16, 2012

It really has become a habit...one which I would not like break.....


Oh Bother!

To travel more than frequently to Micheals than my DH would like...and while I have really cut back on what I buy, I always go for the Yarn,pretty much that is it.  It is less than 1 mile from me, so it is easy for me stop, and make a quick trip in and out...sometimes I really go for inspiration and to browse.( Sometimes) LOL! I've been noticing that last several times they have been busier than usual, with lots of sales. Moving the store around after umpteen years, I like that I feel like I'm in a new store. (ahem) Yesterday I went for Sugar/Cream for dishclothes and they were $1.00 each...I only bought 6, would have like to bought more. Reg $3.00.

Standing in the checkout line I noticed a big sign...Yes we are moving...MOVING? The location is out of the way, and near a very busy high traveled intersection which I stay away from, unless my DH drives. So that will limit my trips...Well.....I cross that bridge when I run out of yarn...." Honey....can you take me to Micheals?",
have you ever been to a craft store with DH in tow?  Oh Bother....:)

Changes?  They are good..arn't they?  

4 comments:

glor said...

Sounds like you had better stock up before they move. I would think that they would have quite a moving sale to boot!

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Yes changes can be good but...oh bother...moving further out not so good. Oh well enjoy the trips with DH.
Connie

vikki said...

LOL..I took my DH when I went to Hobby Lobby to get some thread when they still sold DMC..they had it on sale..I was deciding what I wanted..the next thing I know my DH had grabbed every single ball of DMC on the shelf and put it in the cart..we checked out while my mouth was still hanging open. The cashier just grinned and said that I needed to shop with him more often. I guess he got tired of waiting..LOL..I still grin when I think about it. Have a great day.

Kateri said...

I'm not sure that is a good change, though it might keep you from spending money. :) I know our closest stores are about 30-45 minutes from were we live and the effect it has on me is that I don't go shopping unless I absolutely have to. I hate comlicated freeways.