Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Morn Musings & a Crochet Shawl is in the works

Hello Dear Friends....

I'm so enjoying my time with you, I do love when you stop by to chit chat....Thank you.

 I'm yearning to make something with yarn, and put the thread and the little wee hook down for a bit...and make something people size..hee hee 

I want to make.....some kind of a shawl..looking for a pattern, and of course if it is Vintage in nature all the better. I have a few ideas of what I am looking for, I've seen some pictures, and Annie's Attic has some lovely patterns...something with a sleeve, or a place for the arms, which can be worn inside.. I love the old vintage shawls,and bed jackets...so pretty. 


 

http://cache.lionbrand.com/printablePatterns/60274AD.pdf
I found this one, looks easy peasy....now for the color?  Well, I went to Micheals to see if anything popped out at me, nothing did..and it was packed there...I have some stash ( brand new), so I think I will use that. The color is sage green...Have a wee bit of a head cold, we all do, and my ambition level is not where it should be..resting today....
Have a good one...

1 comment:

DaCraftyLady said...

ohhh love this pattern and the color too, can't wait to see yours hope your cold gets better.