Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, January 5, 2012

One day...I will is fine..but



As I write this, and I don't what this is...I don't even have a title..This is going to be one of the evolving posts I presume.. Perhaps it is just my need to be here every day and say something..to connect with all of you, whatever it is something will come out of it.  The new year is fresh upon us, I don't have any resolutions becuase I don't keep them anyway. I like to think that daily I create the changes necessary for things to work for me, part of me is the wanderlust, I don't like constrictive or tight boxes maybe rather than it is not so much the wanderlust but the claustrophobia, either way it will work. Gone are the days for me when I will lose 10 lbs, if only that is all I had to lose would have done that, why I've lost and gained more than that in my lifetime. I had some rather lofty little projects still on the sidelines, they were not resolutions but ambitious projects which I should like to fufill one of these days.
I will say that one thing I am really trying to do is and not since January 1st, but long before that is evolve myself over to a more simple nature, not so many bells and whistles, or rather bells and whistles which are of a different kind, to marvel in and wondered by  beauty .This morning I was wowed by the sunrise, not so much the sun, but the colors of the sky as the new day was warmed by the sun. I ran and grabbed the camera. "What are you doing asked my DH"?  "Trying to get a picture of that sunrise, didn't you see it"?  I managed to click the camera and get something,(through the window glass, it was only 12 degrees) and then as if by magic the painter changed the scene with the paintbrush, and painted in the clouds and it was gone. But I saw it for a split second, the gift of color, and beauty right out of God's coloring book.  I lived in that moment and saw that beauty, I wonder how many people looked up and saw that this morning? 
So, while the one of these days I will is fine for somethings, there are those things which you cannot get back to, they are right now in the present and gone, I don't want to miss any more of those.  They are once in a lifetime snapshot of something which will never be duplicated again...it is happening here and now....
amd these I consider a daily blessing, a gift.

4 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Great post, and I definitely can relate. I am SURE I miss out of those moments of "present", due to a head fully loaded with a hundred things to do, just racing through my brain, and no human being could possibly do it all. I need to stop beating myself up over it, and just appreciate the now, however it presents itself. I have planned on taking more pictures myself, this year, thinking that this may be a better reminder to myself the moments, big or small, I don't want to forget, or rush by so fast that I don't even recognize they're there! That sunrise of yours sounded beautiful.. Maybe you'll catch again another day! I hope you do! ((hugs)) ~Lucy

Michelle said...

I can relate to your post. Last night after I left my friends house. I decided to go a head and put the chickens up for my husband. I am so glad I did. The night shy was Beautiful. We had clear skies and you could see all the stars over head. If I had just headed into the house I would of missed it. Sadly it was to dark to take pictures. We need to stop once in a while and see God's work.

Faith said...

the stars at night...out in the country.....must be so awe inspiring..it is something hoped for me in this life. AND....you have yard birds...lovely...a two for one deal.

thank you both for your lovely comments.

CountryDreaming said...

You visited my blog many moons ago ... please accept my apologies for not being active and just getting back to you now. You have a most charming blog, glad to have finally found you!

As for this morning, we shared a similar experience here in Ohio. I saw the sunrise same as you, well, the colors of it, while driving to work. By the time I reached the parking lot, a building was obstructing the view ... But I had seen it. The beauty now lives on in memory. We also had a great sunset. Wish I had someone to drive me back and forth, then I could use my camera without being distracted by the road. :-)