Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, January 2, 2012

The season of coziness.....

What have you planned for today?  We have a powder sugar dusting of snow this morn, the "forcasters" are predicting a blizzard again.  I've got some bread on the rise today. and soon that lusharishous aroma will be wafting around my homestead. My boys have just a few days of vacation left, and the routine will soon begin again for all of us. The vacation break was nice, it gives us a chance to catch our breath and relax and let life unfold. Soon, thoughts of the garden will be filling our blogs, already thoughts of what to plant is running through my head at times. For now, I am happy with winter, for it too has it's place, reflection and planning hoping for, prospects of opportunities and dreams of things to come. I like being all nestled up inside, hook n yarn in hand..I have a few things I'm working on, we'll talk about later when their done.. For now, enjoying this cozy feeling that comes this time of year. A time for rest, and regaining energy just as in nature, to burst forth again in the springtime.

4 comments:

Teri said...

Hi Faith...it sounds like your home is so cosy and comfy! I too, love this time of the year ... to plan and prepare for what lies ahead! I love the warmth and the cosiness! I tend to "piddle and putter" around our little home and just love the slower pace during the winter time. Simple Blessings ♥ Teri

glor said...

Love the picture, love cozy even more. That's the nice thing about winter, wonderful to be cozy. Blizzard you say? How much snow. Much appreciate your keeping it there!

Faye Henry said...

Hello dear..
I do love January for all those reasons.. If only my grown children didn't travel so far to work.. smile..
But it is a nice time to recoup..
Blessings...

Michelle said...

I so wish we had snow here. Last year at this time we were cold and had snow. This year we're in the 60's
How I miss the snow. Even if it only lasted one day.