Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I love being creative...don't you?


What are you doing today, which brings out your creative side?  Don't you feel ever so good when you create, and produce something of lovliness...?   


I'm on the hunt, I think today I will venture out and go to Pat Catans ( Darice), have not been there for a while, and have been cooped up in the house with this head cold business...some fresh air and crafts may help, it is in the 40's, I have opened the windows, and am resolute about removing these germs from the premises..toot sweet...I've been hit or miss crocheting of late, the shawl isn't working for me right now, and the little potholders keep calling me back...


I have an idea and want to see what they have at PC...so
maybe today is the day..I want to bake a cake and then go..after I get out of my jammies and soft things....
which is soooooooooooo comfortable...I did things out of order, and I'm back now, just wanted to go there and back.  I did change my clothes first though hee hee..
found just the ticket for my little project(s)...have a cake in the oven now, it was good to get outside, the air fresh and crisp felt good..but I'm glad to be home now my favorite place..soon the aroma of the chocolate cake and baked chicken will fill my homestead with that homey cozey feeling...now that I have what I need, the hook will be moving....
tonight...
:)

3 comments:

glor said...

Sounds like a nice day. I can smell that cake now, grabbing my fork and on my way to join in for some night time crochet! Have a lovely one. Blessings.

Michelle said...

I am wanting to make washcloths. Do you happen to know what yarn I should us?

Faith said...

I've never made dishclothes, I am thinking it should be yarn of a cotton..??? Sugar and Cream brand?Maybe somebody knows and can enlighten us both.