Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, January 2, 2012

White is falling....green is on my mind.

Hello Dearest Friends & Neighbors.....

This is the time of year, albeit early gardening comes to mind, perhaps it is the lack of greenery, with the exception of the lovely pines in my area, they are beautiful and give me a feeling of sturdiness and calm, always constant, never changing conifers...tall and majestic. I have a few house plants around the homestead, and have posted about one or two, maybe all of them at one time or another. They all lend a special something to my home

 I have one Philidendron which was given to my husband as housewarming gift when he moved into his first apartment, 20 years later it still graces our home. My 3 beautiful African Violets which I transplanted into the one planter to make a fairy garden of sorts..they have all bloomed of late and give a wonderful color burst. The cacti...Thanksgiving and Christmas both perfomed their lovely sonata this season and right on cue. I brought hen n chicks from outside, was a little worried about the light they would receive, but they are doing fine....such joy they all give me in the bleakest of days....and I cannot forget my newest green friend...a Norfolk Island Pine, about 5" tall, it has new green buds....so cute...someday...I will plant that on my little farm, until then...it's place is in the house.

I cannot claim that I by any means have a green thumb, if anything I ignore them the poor dears...but they get profound light from the east which floods our little living room with bright light and sunshine too..I think that makes all the difference. They get watered, not to much, but light is a plenty...a blessing of early morning light and beautiful cloud and early morning coloring from God's Coloring Book...awesome...



Enjoy your day......

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I too like to think green when the white stuff is falling. I really dislike the white stuff, and the cold. And nothing is more calming or satisfying as a pretty garden, a potted flower. I wish I did better with indoors plants so I could have some color in doors during the ugly months. Belated Happy New Year