Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Which came first? The Chicken or the Egg?

Good Morning to All.....

It is a crafty day for me today...the weather is accomodating...it is wintertime. after all...
Out of the loop yesterday...the sciatica...oh the sciatica, I moved the hook yesterday, the heating pad my best friend, finished up 1 cottage. Today, is a less painful day...and I decided to make some salt dough,
for an idea that I had. I found 2 cookie cutters a peep, & duck at the Antique Flee market in Amish $ 1.00 each..., I already have a chicken, which was my mom's., this is what I did this morning...not hard at all...

In this case the chickens, & duck came first....rolling little tiny eggs of salt dough...
and then there is this little gem..I've had my eye for a while...we don't have much space...and this doesn't take up much space...
the white cabinet...I can see my potholders hanging with glee from inside the glass..I can't get around
to see what it looks like around the back and side..the glass is in tact..what a charming little door...
$110...seems a wee bit high for this do you think? This is a consignment place...I wonder if they would take less if I offered less.?

Enjoy your day...I'm off making eggs....the salt dough kind of course....:)

ps...the recipe....
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 cup water...

mix and knead...roll and cut out...I love the way the dough feels...I like working with dough whether it is the kind you eat or not...something very basic and natural about it.....calming and soothing.....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi. Just wanted to let you know Goggle is going away at the end of this month. To keep our follower and not lose our favorite blogs .We will have to join the Linky Party. Heidi has one on her site. http://mysimplecountryliving.blogspot.com
I don't want to lose any of my blogs,I enjoy visiting you guys to much. I hope you will join. Oh and follow me. Almost forgot that part.

Leaving the light on for you