Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

On the way to simple, step by step

every which way that I can...there are those things which I simply cannot do anything about.. I had
an AHA!! moment today...there are things which I can absolutely do something about ..and those are those things which I do to move forward into simplifying in my life. Mostly simple in nature, but they have an overall positive effect on my psyche.. And so while those other annoyances cannot be moved or changed, I take an active role to make them less, by focusing on what I can do.

I have been looking for glass jars for the kitchen cupboard, not just any jars I wanted them to look Vintage of course...a few weeks ago I ran across the lovely spice jars which look fabulous in my spice rack, for $1.. at Dollar Store. Yesterday I was at Targay, and found 2 lovely clear glass cannisters, I would have gotten a few more, they were out. I have been keeping things in plastic deli containers...tacky....not to mention that they allow air to enter into the contents... I need just a few more jars... need one to keep my flapjack homemade mix in, another for Oatmeal, and Brown Sugar. The kitchen cabinet looks nice now, and I can see at a glance what I am low on, and the chances of something falling out and down are nil.
Clear glass...so simple.

Still working on the vest as you might have imagined...not had a chance today yet to move the hook...
it's coming tonight...after supper..no homework the boys are off today yipppeee....

movin the hook, comfort food for my soul...





2nd shelf (right) are the 2 newest jars...On the bottom right..these are large pourable containes, I keep my bread flour, sugar, and the homemade flapjack is in the back.
picture disclaimer....applies again....( I am not a photographer, nor do I claim to be) but you get the drift don't you darlin's? I should have taken a berfore....the trash can is filled up with deli containers..all my spice jars are filled aand ready for when they are needed...



LOVE THAT....... one step closer...

1 comment:

Beansieleigh said...

Your kitchen cupboard looks wonderful, Ethel! My own pantry needs MUCH work/reorganizing, and I find I need new elements (shelving/containers) to do what I need to do; but financially I can't get what I need till AFTER this week's vacation!! How totally unfair is THAT?! THEN, I won't have time to pull it apart and put it back together until who know WHEN! (sigh) Well, where there's a will, there's a way, right? I'll get to it SOMETIME... LOVE how your vest is coming along! The stitches and the color look beautiful so far!... My son has the whole week off.. yours too? Well, enjoy every bit of it, whatever you're doing! Have a great week! ~Lucy