Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, February 6, 2012

Me..I'm old fashioned and it's okay with me

I am, always have been outside the realm of everybody else..it's ok. I'm ok with it, it is what makes me different from most of the pack. I'm sure you are to, or you wouldn't be reading this. It is such a joy to find somebody else even if just in passing, that has the slightest clue what I'm talking about. That is why I blog, and find all of you so interesting and inspiring, more kindred to my soul...I like that.  
We are out and about today...on our road trip to Walnut Creek Ohio..We always take the back road, it takes a wee bit longer, but we go through some delightful little towns, and through the countryside, the noise and husbustle ( I just made that up..it was a typo but I like it )  of the ever annoying city racket getting farther and farther away. It won't be long and soon we will see the Amish buggies traveling along the roads, we will be there soon, it is a welcome sign that always does my heart good.

I really need to make more lists of things...I rely on the memory alot...thinking it will improve....you know the saying use it or lose it? But for the life of me I cannot remember what I was going to pick up down there at the bulk store...we have our staples, flour, yeast..and often I pick up some herbs, but I cannot remember which one I wanted this time. I'm going to plant, basil, cilantro, and dill...garlic is in the ground as we speak.
Hopefully it will come to my mind what it was...it always kicks in...usually when I'm not focused on it..
does that happen to you too?
One of my favorite things...the clotheslines...no matter what the weather...I can find clotheslines
in the Amish Country...love that flappin...there is just something about it which just fills up my heart with such joy...I hang clothes here in the husbustle...it gives me simple joy...
Well, I hope that I can get some nice pictures to share....
We'll talk again when I get back....
Enjoy your day....
Keeping it simple
Faith 


No comments: