Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Kitchy cupboard...& Friday Farmgirl bloghop

We awoke to a rather dismal and cold day here, a touch of snow had just dusted the area.So much for 
52 & Sunny.  MDH said let's go, you need to get out of the house and out in the country.
After we drove for maybe 20 the sun was out and blue sky, it made for a most wonderful and cheerful day. 
We stopped at the Antique Mall to see if the little cupboard was there.( Previous Post)
YIPPPPPEEE it still was, even after 2 years, I've been waiting.......the little diamond in the ruff..and it fit in the car...YIPPPEEEE, we didn't think it would and was prepared for just such an event. We had a nice lunch out, and stopped at the bulk store, picked up some flour and brown sugar.


I've already got her all washed up, she needs paint and TLC....I took a before shot, and when she is all done, after her makeover I'll take another...Can't wait to load her up with some pretties and of course a few
of my Crochet Potholders.....such a simple little cabinet, and joy...combined...

This picture was taken at the antique mall...there are stencils on the window, and contact paper (Olive Green), (  & white with gold spots inside)...all gone now...tomarrow she gets a fresh coat of KILZ, and we'll see from there.... 
love all her charm & possibilities...she makes me smile...for this was a desire of my heart to be sure.
We had a celebrate life day...
simple joys, sunshine and countryside...
saw some crocuses coming up, and in our yard Hyacynths....they just smell so good and fresh
when they open...groundhog might be better at predicting the weather than the weatherman....
You can't fool mother nature....
Participating in the Farmgirl Friday bloghop over at Deborah Jeans.....
Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop
http://deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Isn't great when you find something you truly love. With TLC you will make it truly your.

Faith said...

Hi Michelle, thank you taking the time to stop over..Is is a joyful feeling, and she is on her way to be truly mine. I enjoy working on her and thinking about what will go in, on, around...LOL

DaCraftyLady Debb said...

oh how lovely it will be when its done to your own liking...I like it...

Mary said...

Love the cabinet and can't wait to see your pretty potholders in it. There is just something so sweet and homey about those vintage cabinets. Make one feel good just looking at it, you know?

Kateri said...

It is a pretty little cupboard, can't wait to see what you do with it. Hyacinths already? We got one of our heavier snows over the the last few days.