Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

For the love of Vintage





I was looking for one of these vintage cake covers, and I was going to paint it, and cover it with painted cabbage roses, I bought it just for that, but after I got it home, I think I will not paint it al all. It will loose it's vintage charm, and already has a nice design on the the top. It came with a plate. I came home and made a cake, so much simple fun.. I picked this up at the the consignment shop not far from here, I like to go there once in a while, but if I had more $....it would be different story. I may just touch up the design on the top, and repaint what is green. The little glass knob on the top just sets
it off, so pretty. It's been on there a while from the look of it. 



It's Friday Farmgirl Blog hop over at Deborah Jeans Dandilion House

6 comments:

Olga said...

I really like your cake cover. It's so much prettier than my plastic one that I got from Wal-Mart.

Faith said...

Thank you Olga, for stopping over
and leaving a comment.. It is a pretty cake cover, and I love that it is so vintage and who ever had it took such good care of it.

glor said...

I love the cake cover. And the lovely corning ware, I still have some pieces too. Hope you are having a good day...I'm hoping I can post this comment, so far today blogger is not letting me do that now. Always something.

Brenda said...

Love your vintage finds!

Faye Henry said...

I love your cake cover and so neat to come home and make a cake..
I think we call your coffee pot and dish Corning Ware..
God bless..

Faith said...

Thank you for leaving a comment I appreciate so much...and will be over to visit with you.