Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, March 4, 2012

WIP...of the crochet kind,stimulating the economy, and can you help with instructions

I'm finishing up another cottage for the shoppe, and the vest is still not done...I ran out of scrap yarn..and have been on the hunt for 2 weeks for this particular color of Red Heart, which used to be readily available at my old Micheals. Remember they moved to a busy congested intersection, and then they made the yarn
section smaller, and for the last 2 weeks no Red Heart??????? shelves are empty. So with the price of gas
now $3.75 a gallon, I decided to try and order some online....I found a place the knitting warehouse and ordered the color I needed, and a ball of teal thread crochet for another project I am starting.  By the time we hip hop all over the place and wander around looking for yarn, wasted time and gas.  And who doesn't love when the UPS comes the house?    I love getting mail and packages who doesn"t.  It may be how I do things in the future, simplifying, makes sense...no more running around in traffic...right to the door....that is how I will roll from now on...They have so many more color options and choices on line. So I hope to get the vest figured out and finished this month. I'm working on crochet towel top, ( dress ) of course.

Have any of you ever ordered your yarn online?

 Getting a new stove...our Magic Chef is 17 years old, still working and has served the family well, but she is getting old and is not as efficient as she once was.  I found a Hotpoint at Sears..I don't like bells and whistles...so she is very simple a clock and timer...and I think she looks rather vintage...and she has a place for me to hang the towel....my current stove does not.  Long story short, I went with the white stove I really liked, at least I know they will still have white when my bisque fridge goes...very little bisque out there, black,white and stainless are the choices..The stove I chose did not come in bisque...I am working on the towel topper, but have no idea how....


Hotpoint® 30
...I managed to fashion one up today while laying in bed, the towel is to long and to wide, where/how to I make the cut to fit the topper? It's such a pretty towel, but I suppose I could use the other half and make another one different color....Can you tell me how you do this?
Little under the weather here. we all are...I called off from work today, it has went into the chest and I get bronchitis so easily...taking it easy, moving the hook and drinking a lot of water....This has been a bad
year for colds and what not, the weather just not cold enough. 

No comments: