Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Finery...

Do you Remember when?

You were little, and your mother dressed you up in those pretty  Easter dresses, sometimes
they had the "itchy" lace petticoat underneath, but it made the dress poof out? Charming :)
And who could forget the shiny white patten leather shoes and purse to match,
and what about the lovely hats, with the annoying string which went under the chin?
I remember the little white ankle socks, and patten leather white shoes, " click,click" when you walked.
I can recall the first day of school after the Easter holiday, all the girls wore their beautiful dresses to school, and of course their white patten leather shoes. How pretty we all looked.

Times have changed havn't they?
I'm glad I grew up when I did.

Here is a pretty little dress of the Vintage kind....
an Easter potholder...:)

Happy and Blessed Easter to you.

4 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Well, my mother didn't pay much mind to how we dressed for Easter once we turned 'round 3 or 4-ish, but my fondest Easter memories now are of my own kids.. not that I could hardly MAKE Dear Son dress up in more than a button up white shirt! But Ethel, my little girl could stop shoppers in their tracks at the Mall, when I'd dress her up for a visit with the Easter Bunny!.. Yes, the pretty dresses, the bonnets, the shoes.. She takes one look at her glasses, now, and thinks she wasn't cute; but oh yes she most certainly was!! THIS year, I wasn't even sure the kids would want to color eggs, at their age, but oh yes they still DID!! I imagine they KNOW this, but I'm so glad they do!... A very Happy Easter to you and yours, my dearest Blogland neighbor! Wishing you, Fred, and the kids a wonderful day! ((hugs)) ~lucy

Sandy said...

I don't remember white patent leather shoes, but am with ya on most of the rest of the memory. Though we never wore our Sunday dresses to school, they were just for Sunday. Saw a few little ones dressed up pretty today when we went out for brunch. They looked so cute.

glor said...

Good mornng Sweet Sister Faith. Oh yes, I do remember the petticoats, the patent leather shoes and wearing dresses to school. I was also thinking of the Easter bonnets, even when in my late teens. Always had a hat, I loved them. Too bad we are so casual all the time now. I so miss "our" times. You have a wonderful day, blessings.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I remember all that, plus I also remember for some reason Dad always put us with the sun in our faces so we have a few photos of our eyes shut and frowns on our faces...too funny. I am with you, we grew up in good times!

Blessings always :)

Leaving the light on for you