Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flower bed, it isn't what you think it is...

Greetings Neighbors.......


 In my garden, the peonie bush I started last year
is about 6" tall, changing everyday..it is amazing how things grow right before I eyes. I wonder if it will but this year..they have such a wonderful scent, and are oh so vintage. Will the laavender I planted last year come up?  I see the silver dollars have sprung, and soon will be filled with beautiful blue flowers in preparation of the shiny white silver dollars come mid summer. Waiting anxiously for the garden center so I can get the Lemon Verbena, maybe some Lamb's ears, or Dusty Millers for the garden. And the Zinnia seeds...where may I put them?  I'm thinking in the flower bed of course, but it isn't the one your thinking of...
This is my flower bed, this picture is from last year.  I have not put out the bed yet this year. I did
add some black eyed susans to the back and front. I'm thinking some zinnia in here. I planted some seeds they are taking off and getting lanky, I hope to get them in the ground soon.
I made this bed out of a pallet, and attached some fenching.





Last year

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great idea. Sorry but I have to steal it. It's so cute!

glor said...

Just love this flower bed. Your garden is such a delight, looking forward to see this year's plantings and decorating. Blessings to your weekend.