Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

About time, to move my hook....:)

Hello out there!
Stopping for just a moment for chit chat over the fence post.  The birds are singing and it is a glorious day outside so far..sunny and pleasant, supposed to warm up though, it's ok my Zinnia's are finally starting to come up through the soil, I hope they grow and bloom, so pretty. Agenda for today...Spankster getting some of his fuzz removed, well actually alot of fuzz...he will be cooler, he is nice and soft now, a bath in the future for this pup...I'll let him rest a bit..so tiring for him, I however like getting my hair brushed and washed by somebody else...very relaxing to go to the beauty shoppe. If I could only find somebody who has a clue how my hair goes...it is wavy curly....oh well...the last lady did a not so nice job...I'm letting grow again now, so I can wear it up in different styles..
We went to JoAnn's yesterday, and I picked up Aunt Lydia's crochet thread. ( Bamboo Thread), never worked with it before, soft. I want to crochet a basket for applique, and my husband spotted a beautiful tan colored one which will work just fine. I intend to work on that today..I started yesterday and got distracted and forgot where I was...   
Have a glorius day....

3 comments:

glor said...

I bought a bamboo thread some time ago and still have not used it. Think I will have to get it out and make something. I could sit all day if someone would comb my hair ... oh, its so relaxing. Maybe the should do beautyf salons that do just that, wouldn't that be great! Have a great night, blessings sister.

Susanne said...

I wanted to stop by and thank you Faith for your kind words of support. It is a rough road and sometimes it all gets the best of me and it is so good to know that there are friends out there who care. It does mean a lot to me.
Hope you can enjoy some time working on your latest project and relaxing while you do it. We are all busy women and know how important it is to just have that bit of time for ourselves. Have a great weekend.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

Sandy said...

Thread...wow, with all the crocheting I've done, I've never tried the light weight thread. Though have always thought I'd like to crochet some snow flakes for the tree at Christmas...never done it. Sounds like a nice day. Enjoy my friend.