Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A question to ask

Let's say I have a embroider hoop, and I wanted to put material in the hoop, how would finish off the ends of the material? I currently have said hoop filled with said material which is hemmed on all 4 sides, I'm thinking a ruffle? How in the world would I do that?  Can you tell I'm not the sewing kind of crafty girl..?  Should it be short? 

 
Thanking you....

I finished up one basket, and have begun another...let's see what else did I say I wanted to do this week,
I did get some yardwork done...things transplanted and such..it was lovely cool today, and good sleeping weather, not optimum for 'mater plants though...Working on that next week.  At the nature center where I work, we are having a Farm & Garden day on Saturday...hoping to bring home some heirloom 'maters....
I hope I remember the camera..... 

3 comments:

Mary said...

Is the embroidery hoop going to be hanging on the wall? I have seen fabric ruffles glued to the back edge of the hoop. If you just wanted the ruffle attached to the material, I guess some meticulous cutting and measuring and then sewing on the ruffle and putting it in the hoop again.
I have been doing a little embroidery on felt hearts. I made one for an elderly lady at church. She will be 80. I have to get it in the mail tomorrow. She is just a ray of sunshine. Let us know what you do with the ruffle and hoop. I hope you get some of the heirloom tomatoes. I love garden fresh vegetables. Nothing better.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I saw this and hope it helps.

http://maximumrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-frame-your-embroidery-in-hoop.html

I think you and I are really sisters because we are always thinking on the same lines of things...I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to do this:

http://blog.polkaandbloom.com/2012/03/thank-you-australian-homespun.html

or something like it in a hoop. :)

Hope your bunny is doing well. Are you going to give him a name?

Happy weekend to you and blessings always :)

Faith said...

Thank you my gal pals....I actually found one of these myself yesterday Stitchy....great minds do think alike no?