Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today....was a very nice day

And more "routine" like...while getting out and about is nice...there is no place like home for me. With all the changes, I can't remember when I baked a loaf of homemade bread...did that today.  After the morning coffee, out to the garden to plant my Lemon Verbena in the garden, and began another little patch by the side door of  divided perennials, and dusty millers, and some more Zinnia seeds...oh I do hope those bloom arn't they lovely.? My sweetie and I went to the nursery and looked at the all the lovely flowers, I needed some basil & cilantro seeds, which will go in tomarrow I believe.  Bought a few hungarian hot yellow pepper plants, and would you believe they had scented geraniums. I bought one which has the aroma of lemon and rose..it is lovely. It was a very nice day rambling round the homestead and just being me again....

We had in the early spring the return of the Robin, building her nest above the porch light, those little ones are off now, and there is a sparrow building another nest on top of that one, and when  look out my front door, I can see tendrils of the greasses she has collected hanging down...she sits across from the babies in the magnolia tree, and I can hear them chirping for food. I love that they feel comfy building their home near us, for they know we will not harm them....a simple joy...
Hoping you all had a lovely day as well..

Well, I decided to download the camera software because somehow it wasn't there, so I have a few pictures to share..


tri colored Columbine.
.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great day. Would love to see pictures of the babies in the Magnolia tree.

Laura said...

What a lovely day! I'm hoping to get to plant some flowers soon. I have a little flower garden that is a work in progress. We just don't have a lot of money to buy flowers this year, but that's what I asked for for Mother's Day. Better to get flowers that we can enjoy all summer than just for a few days!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh, your flowers are so lovely. :)

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I love looking at flowers.

Please don't forget to show us your lovely flowers when they come up from the seeds you've sown. :)

The birds nesting is also very sweet. :)

Blessings always

glor said...

What a great day. I'm so happy to see you garden starting. Love watching this grow. So pretty the flowers ... you bring sunshine! Can't wait to see more. Blessings.