Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Full blown summertime out there today...

it's all summer out today 87, my maters are loving this and ae producing flowers. Heirlooms, they look healthy and strong. Me, not so much. Turning double nickle neck month...I've decided that I need to feel better and have more energy, I get so tired and don't want to move, I don't like that. I think at least for me I am going to incorporate more whole grains, eat more frequently through the day, and see if I can keep up or bring up my energy level, maybe shed some weight which help my knees..all the sudden I'm feeling achy and what not...so it is time to regroup and regain. Nothing drastic, but rather making more simple healthy decisions about what I eat and when, just being more aware. 
 I went to the grocery store early this morning, less people, better parking and before the temp got out of control. Tonight I'm making a huge salad and will grill up some boneless chicken breast inside on the old foreman, and maybe some crusty bread...Another thing, I don't feel like cooking these elaborate meals anymore, it's just more simple to wholesome/fresh, I'm not a summertime cook, I prefer the winter when I can make soups and stews. I have some fresh blueberries I took out of the freezer and maybe will make some muffins for desert. What's doing on your homestead today? 

6 comments:

janice15 said...

Phew...I seem to be having those same days...well let me start by saying to get some Liquid vitamin B's I found them at Walgreens...don't know if you have one there..maybe local drug store...they are good for energy and stress you put a dropper full under your tongue hold for 30 seconds then swallow...to simple..they helped me with my panic attack a lot...I'm trying to lose some weight...and happy to say I lost around 3-4 lbs...just by cutting the amount of food comsumed...I read recently to eat three small meals and two lite snacks in between...and it's been helping and working. It's warm here today in San Francisco...I'm staying in and maybe after I get off line to work on my order crocheting..I'm glad you put your blog back ...lol I was looking all over the place for you...blueberrie muffins sound great just use less sugar than asked for thats all..Have a pleasant afternoon my dear...glad we found each other...see you soon...hugs and relax...with love Janice

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Well it's 95 and holding here in KY and I am really starting to wonder if I can fit all the wonder that is me inside my freeze for a bit to cool off. I really dislike the heat!

Hope you get to feeling better. You make me worry! I'll be saying a little prayer for you to get better soon. :)

blessings always

Mary said...

Hi Faith. I have almost a year of age on you. I will be 56 Oct. 3
This heat just saps one's energy. I have never liked hot, muggy summers and the dislike has not decreased with age. I really am not a summer person. Give me spring and fall weather. Like you, I don't enjoy cooking in weather like this.
Would love to follow along with your eating changes and know if you feel a difference.
Your supper sounds delish! Stay cool!

Faith said...

THANKING you for stopping over and leaving me a note...I appreciate all your kind words and prayers...hitting on the vitamins,
B1, Iron, and Primrose for the flashin which is a joy is it not? Oh bother :)

Therese said...

It was hot here in Michigan too. It was 93 today. At work we have air conditioning, But at home all we have is a small air conditioner in our bedroom. House is still 80 degrees. I'm not a big fan of the heat either. I would love to do some crocheting but it is way too hot.

glor said...

Double nickles!!! Just a young one! I'm slowly trying to get a little trimmer myself. Weight watchers. Just a few pounds makes such a difference in how one feels.
We should start a group here, the support from one another would be fantastic. May your evening be blessed.

Leaving the light on for you