Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In the cool of the morn,

Internet photo credit

I like to ponder and have my cuppa.....how about you?


It is a beautiful cool morning, and the weather was perfect for sleeping last night, fresh and cool. I'm
having a cuppa listening to all the birds chirping about.  My wee garden is watered for it never did rain the other day at least not in my backyard.  Today I'm out and about looking for tomatoe stakes, my washing machine is waltzing, and I've hung out my hexyaghan I crocheted a few years ago on the clothesline to freshen up, it is so pretty, and I'm glad I perservered through through it now. Would I make another...?
I doubt it..one was plenty, but who knows when that urge will strike again. Well I'm off to do homestead chores, bed making and straightening up...I think I should like to make a wee compost bin, nothing on a grand scale, have any of you done this?  And also a rain barrell, which wouldn't do me any good this year because it would be empty...but I wouldn't mind having one.  

2 comments:

Mary said...

Cool morning here also Faith. I am using nature's air conditioning. The windows were open all night and this morning a nice little breeze is blowing through them. Soon I will close up and keep the cool in. No rain here either. We have a compost bin but I use it just for grass/leaves. For it to be a working compost bin, I would need to add veggie peelings, etc. and turn it and I don't do that. But I had been thinking of cleaning it out and beginning again with some leaves and then the veggie peelings. A rain barrel would be wonderful, great for watering houseplants too. We really need rain here. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

It's 80 something today for us down in Dixie..but that's ok, it makes the flowers grow and the sky is a lovely blue. I can hear the birds singing, I think they like the sunshine, too.

We have another bunny in our yard. I think Uno has a girlfriend. Too cute. :)

How's the stitching coming along? I've got mine all ready to go, but haven't put one stitch in the fabric...but it's waiting on me. :)

Blessings to you always and wishing you a most wonderful day :)