Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, June 8, 2012

My deer friends

I've been hearing round the neighborhood of the deers, venturing in from the wooded areas to forage around in the suburban yards. Have not seen nary a one, not for lack of trying, and I was beginning to think the neighbours were imagining things. Until...this morning in the wee hours, I got up because I was "flashin", and was most uncomfortable.  As I always do, in the hopes I may get lucky, and to be nosey I look out my bedroom window, which faces the back of the house. And what was that,  it was dark, but I could see something rather large laying in my backyard, could it be...?    I sat watching, trying not to look right at it, you know how you see things better when your not looking right at it?  It stood up, and it was to my sheer delight a lovely deer in my very own backyard...what a thrill, I was oohing an ahing and it woke up my husband...it walked over to the freshly planted garden and looked as though it was playing with soemething...and on the tree there seemed to be a rather large racoon..trying to escape, I watched them dance around and thought for sure the new area I just planted would be trampled...the racoon jumped off the tree and the deer took chase, around the garden..=)  Wildlife happening in my own backyard...hows about that?     Thoughts of my heirloom maters popped in my head...are they still there...this morning I looked out there and yes they were, the deer off spray we used may have worked...and I could see the imprint in the grass where she lay..and it looks as though there may have been more than one...a babe perhaps.?  I asked the naturalist at work why the deer would have chased the racoon, and she thought maybe there was a babe around close by...I am just to tickled, and amazed at just how big they are in our tiny little yard....just laying there in the darkness, all I could make out for sure was the white tail...I'll be looking again tonight to be sure....


3 comments:

janice15 said...

Indeed exciting, I haven't seen deer in years. My uncle used to take us to the dump and we see them there as well as bears...that part was scary...but deer are so beautiful...lucky you...Have a great weekend..with Love Janice

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, what a beautiful sight, I'm sure!.. No deer in MY neighborhood, I'm afraid, but we catch them now and then when we're out driving! I love seeing them too! Hope you and yours have a great weekend Ethel! ((hugs)) ~lucy

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh how sweet to have the Mama and Babe, too. :)

Glad your garden is ok...those cuties can eat up a garden quicker than you can blink. But they are adorable.

It appears my Uno may have a girlfriend. Too cute. Have you seen your Bunny around lately?

Blessings always :)