Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, June 11, 2012

Rain would be a good thing..

Hello Ma Dears..
Off this day, I always enjoy my home time, moving about smartly. My washing machine is waltzing, it will be a dryer day for it "appears" as though we may get some much needed rain from the heavens this day, it is in the area, and it is cloudy but the air is thick with moisture...I hope, I hope we do get some. I cannot remember when last we did have rain, and nothing is better than nutrients from above for all living things.
Last week the grocery store had buy one get one free, so I bought 2 beef rib roasts and got 2 more for free, I divided the meats up and got more than several meals out of them all, today I making a swiss steak type of meal, we'll have smooshed taters...and a beef/tomatoe gravy and some salad. We're out of bread and some is in the rise, with the warm humid temp it should rise nicely and the air will soon be filled with that delicisous aroma, one of my favorites.
I have not moved the hook in several days, and intend to do that this evening, working on the thread crochet applique baskey, I have one done in tan, and this one is blue, what I want to do with them is still under investigation... Tomarrow I have a meeting which I must attend at the Nature Center, taking the boys, we will have a picnic, and they can wander around and see the sights...maybe we'll see something like a deer....
I can always hope....it springs eternal doesn't it?
Wishing you well, and hoping you have a simple lovely day....



1 comment:

Mary said...

I hope you got your rain. Our forecast of rain for today did not appear. We did not get a drop and no rain is expected for the next week. It is so dry here. Driving home from church yesterday I saw a guy mowing his yard in a cloud of brown dust and it was thick.
Working on my crocheted wrap with a pretty cream color yarn. It is coming along slowly. Hopefully I will have it done in time for church next Sunday. It will be perfect to just wrap around and cover my arms. Rest well and have a good tomorrow.