Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beauty & Aroma that is summertime in my garden

I've collected quite a bounty from around the yard, with the Roses, Hydrangea, Lemon Verbena and
Scented Geranium, they've dried very nicely and the potpourri is done. This is a picture of a smidgen of it. The roses are not as pronounced, but the Lemon Verbena has kept it's scent, in fact I think it is more pronounced dry, and between that and the Scented Geranium, WOW....for now no essential oil is needed.
That scented geranium is Lemon/Rose, this is the first year I ever heard of it, and was pleased when I found it at the garden store. There are many variety ( flavors ) Rose/Lemon, Mint, Orange just to name a few. I've started a cutting which has rooted in case I loose the mother plant.  I just brought that one inside, she was getting rather leggy, so I cut her back and used the leaves to fragrance the house. It is a light, muted rosey and Lemon....if it were in a perfume I would buy it. I'm hoping the Lavender will get just a little taller, so I can dry some of that and put it in as well.
A little parusing around the web, over at  http://crochetmemories.com/  bless her heart she had some different variety of starching and preserving the crochet Angel...I'm going to try the Sugar Water one, and use the Mod Podge Matte to complete the finish.

1 comment:

glor said...

Your potpourri not only sounds like it smells wonderful but it is so pretty, especially in this beautiful dish! By the way, the crocheted cloth under it ... gorgeous. Did you make that? Have a wonderful evening and weeked dear sweet sister Faith.