Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

In the mix for Potpourri

I've collected a little more for the potpourri I want to make, I took a few sprigs of Lemon Verbena out of the garden, snipped a little scented geranium, some Hydrangea and have them drying on a screen I found in the basement which doesn't fit any window we have, perfect. I've had some rose petals drying form our vintage climber back in June. I already have the orris root which I understand is a fixative, ordered that early on from Mountain Rose Herbs. The scented geranium I have is Lemon Rose, it is just lovely.  My Lavender is still very short, I can tell it's growning, but no flowers.  By the end of the summer I will just trim off what I have and put that in there as well.  Keeping my fingers crossed, the Zinnias seeds I planted and have watited and waited, I think I will have a flower tomarrow, if my "deer friend" doesn't stop over. I've sprayed it pretty good with Deer Off....I'm so looking forward to seeing these, and I know that I have mentioned this on more then one or two occasions....
So that's what I did today...still very hot & humid, although it did rain today for about 20 min, so the living things will benefit from that.


A simple joy, a little vintage potholder I fashioned up a while ago....

5 comments:

Michelle said...

very cute. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I am doing another game and giveaway.

glor said...

What a great potpourri and how great to make your own! The potholder is beautiful. Have a wonderful evening.

janice15 said...

Lemon Verbena, I just recently got me a plant it smells so good..I don't know what to use it in though...Can you help me out...Have a sweet evening with love Janice

Charlotte said...

Hope you don't mind, but I nominated you for an award on my blog.

StreetChic by Eriel said...

fab fab THAT'S SO CHIC great PICS! my congrats