Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, July 16, 2012

Miss moving the hook....

I've got to get around to moving the hook again..it has been hit or miss lately with the granny ripple. I think I may do a few more rows of this and call it finished, and then I'll put a trim on it. Been thinking about projects to begin. What's my fancy?  I began a thread angel last year, and she needs her wings, mayhap I'll do that and finish her up.  I made one for myself, and even though I sprayed it with moisture proof acryllic, she collapsed..so I've go another idea which may prevent that from happening...I think I will use embroidery hoops of graduated sizes to keep her skirt nice and full. I used those in the crochet Christmas tree I made last year and it has retained it's shape although I have kept it plastic, so we'll see how that goes. 

I've decided to not make any more potholders for the my little shoppe, until I sell something. As they are just sitting in the container I've placed them in, no sense piling them up. Maybe this year they will have a craft fair at the school, they didn't do one last year and I was all set. Maybe a few more scarecrow baskets...   
Bounty..and beauty abound.  Zinnia's still waiting.....my Deer Friend, paid a visit and took a sample..there are more buds coming forth...I'm waiting for that big splash of color....in my
little " flower bed".... my mums are blooming....and I heard the sound of the cicadia today in the trees, they are earlier than usual...what does that mean I wonder? 

Enjoy your day...and we'll talk again    

1 comment:

joan said...

hiya, love the design ofyour blog, and the wind chimes ??? so effective