Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I was a woman without a pattern....

and a hook which needed to  move...You've all been there...It is most frustrating. For year I have wanted to make placemats for the Christmas and this year seems to be no exception.  I have some lovely Christmas type yarn I bought in bulk 3 in a pack at Pat Catans last year, just knowing I would want to make something with, the yarn base is white, and has sprinkles of a light rose burgundy/and soft green. I made a Christmas tree out of this yarn last year.  I like the color combination and figured I could do something with it. So, her I am again with the placemats.  I rather like vintage patterns, and seek them out first. I found a pattern at Red Heart which I like, it's oval and two tone, I have plenty to make placemats with...And so the hook will be moving tonight.   Which makes me a happy gal.....here's the link

Oval Placemat & Coaster

Were going to be having a CAL, and soon I'll have that hook dancing.....

4 comments:

vikki said...

placemat patterns seem to be hard to find..I like pineapples so was tickled pink when I finally found one. How do you think this will work up in thread? Let me know after you have made one..looking foward to the next CAL..Blessings

Margie said...

i LOVE the placemat in those colors, but can't wait to see yours! i collect the old patterns as well (even tho i haven't crocheted for a looooong time) there's just something special about the vintage patterns!

Michelle said...

Love these. I will have to pull my needles out.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love this! I am with Vikki, let us know how it will work up in thread...it's going to be so pretty. :)

Looking forward to the next CAL.