Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mornin has risen...

internet photo

I have so much more energy now early in the day..by suppertime...another story..I have begun to take Royal Jelly capsules, and they seem to have an improved effect overall on my energy level, plus they loaded with nutrients and vitamins all packed in from nature. Fit for a queen you might say....Royal jelly is what the Queen bee is fed while in the larvae stage to make her the biggest bee...anyhoo...the washer is waltzing this am, sheets and such. School will begin in about 1 hour. 

Can we talk,  you ladies over 45 and over...you will understand...Hot Flashes...I hate flashin, I feel like I am going to internally combust...oh bother. I read that Evening Primrose is good for this, and so I am taking these also..Most uncomfortable when these hit you, who am I telling?  When will these be over? 
What do you all do?

On the crochet front.....still hunting

( cricket cricket )


That's it for today.....hoping it is a good day for all.....

4 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

A truly lovely photo today of the sunlight streaming in through the trees creating shadows on the ground. Lovely! :)

Sorry about the hot flashes, I don't have them yet so I can't give any advice, but I will send you prayers my friend. :)

As for the crochet front, check out my blog, I have a post about a crochet shawl worked in filet....and don't forget Ravelry, they are such a wonderful source of patterns and inspiration.

Sending you hugs on this most glorious of days...blessings always my dear friend.

glor said...

What a magnificent picture. So peaceful. Hotflashes ...lets see, I'm at 17 years of them and counting. Such a pain! Although they're not quite as bad as they used to be. What kind of crochet are you looking for? Let me know. Blessings.

Susanne said...

Beautiful and peaceful morning photo of fog. I finally found something of interest to keep my crochet hook busy and me happy. The hot flashes, I had them for about 4 years. I still get warm and throw the covers off the bed, then freeze and the covers go back on...this is an every night ritual and so I sleep in the spare bedroom so at least my husband can get a good night's sleep. I read once where taking soy tablets is suppose to help. The study showed that Oriental women suffer less menopausal symptoms because it is believed they consume more soy in their diets, they also have less incidence of heart attack because they drink warm or hot tea with their meals, where we drink mostly cold beverages. There was a time I took a female hormone but that lasted about 8-9 months and I stopped taking it because it made me feel like itching my upper chest. I told my OB_GYN about it and she said I was right to stop taking it. It was suppose to help with the dryness, hair loss and the skin changes, yeah, right!
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

Mary said...

Sweetie, I can't help with the hot flashes. I had a total hysterectomy at 45. Fibroids and cysts, I never looked back. I passed the feminine hygiene products and felt like high-fiving my gyn everytime! I do take a very low dose hormone. Cenestin .45 mg
I have had so much stress and such a life changing event that I wouldn't know what was simply aging or stress induced.
You will get past your crochet dip in the road. I go thru that. I am all gung ho and then I fizzle for a while. Catching up on your posts today. I will email you!