Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

School days...

Well, hello friends...and neighbors...today finds that this is the 1st day of school for my oldest son,
age 16, being homeschooled, online learning. I'm hoping that this is just what the Dr. ordered, and his grades will reflect how well he can do, he is taking on more responsibility with this, and I'm hoping to see some improvment all the way around. He's fallen through the cracks in the system long enough.  Not all children are straight A's, we all learn differently and at a different pace, school has been difficult for him, and there really no options for children with learning disabitlities, it looks good on paper, but in real time it falls very short.
I'm moving about today cleaning and relaxing, getting him squared away...and I'd like to move the hook...just to sleepy last night and couldn't stay focused...
Hoping your day is a happy one.....

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Good luck with the home schooling. My oldest grandson (14) has ADHD and he has a hard time with school.

Faith said...

As does my son, it has been a struggle..I'm hoping this helps....

Heather - The Good Life said...

Happy first day of school for your son. I hope he enjoys his classes; wishing him the best of luck. Take care, Heather

Faith said...

Thank you Heather, so nice to hear from you.

glor said...

Happy first day to you and your son. I'm sure he'll do well. Blessings for a successful school year.

Susanne said...

School has started around here as well. Home schooling has many pluses, one being more one on one time spent with a student, another being less presser from fellow students. I can definitely relate, I am still trying to find the right pattern to try and finding myself to have a mental block at the moment. What to do, what to do....
Susanne :)