Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Vintage CAL pattern & Vintage Candleholder

I've been working mine up for a few days, since I will be at work for the next few days, I tend to not move the hook when I get home. The original pattern for pretty petals is 1946, that is what I began with, and ultimately finished up with. I had gotten to the point where I had invested too much to turn back, and I wanted to see what the finished project looked like, it began to take on a personality.  I found another pattern for the Pretty Petals on Red Heart, but I didn't  like that pattern better then the first one. I decided to make mine rather small, to fit under some depression candle holders  I have, so I need to make another one, this one will be done in the green which I used for the trim on the 1st one, and then will be trimmed in the warm rose color.   
I'm looking forward to seeing what the other girls come up with..they should be charming & lovely,
I've enjoy this CAL, and look forward to a time when I can join in another..

This is a very nice easy pattern, and you can find it





5 comments:

glor said...

Is this just too pretty! How perfect with the votive. I'm so glad you and Stitchy found this pattern. Lets keep the ball rolling and continue with some CAL's. Have a lovely, blessed day.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love your doily! It's beautiful and is perfect for the candle.

I ended up using the first pattern, too.

I'll try to post on Monday....so much fun doing this CAL with you all. I hope we have more in the future.

Blessings always my dear friend. :)

Mary said...

That is really pretty, love the color. I printed out the pattern but not sure about doing the CAL. It is such a pretty pattern.

Susanne said...

It turned out really pretty. I am thinking with a yellow center and done up in worsted weight yarn, it would make a pretty pillow too. The size would be up to the maker since one could make it any size they wanted. Nice job Faith!
Susanne :)

Charlotte Huffman said...

I've been looking for some cute potholder patterns. Love this one. Thanks for the link.