Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, August 17, 2012

you need quiet to count stitches...

Feet up, moving the hook...., my downtime.... the thing is, I lost count on more than one occasion, the 
Browns were on pre season, and so I took the opportunity to watch it with my husband & crochet at the same time...oh I was buzzing along which encouraged me...to press on.. The farther we got into the game the more times I lost where I was, and I got this far... 



and had lost my place. Normally I could go back and count and whatever, but with the varigated and the distraction I  gave up for the evening....
I woke up early this am, having a cuppa, and decided to try it again, for I just didn't like the way
the verigated looked, or maybe the pattern was off, you do need to count on this one, this isn't one of the just move the hook mindlessly while doing other things pattern, albeit a simple pattern.  SO.....


here I am this morning, cuppa, and no distractions....using the solid color, and so far I am right on
point with the count.  I like the solid color better I think, it will show off the pattern, and I will use
the verigated one ( above ) for the edging. I did need to frog it several times, and really read the pattern to get it to come out, sometimes it is just the way it is written, I think the writer takes into account you are paying some attention the item, and know what you are doing.....

So, no distractins I press on this am, with my coffee...Soon it will be mom time, and I'll need to put this down, and change hats....I've got a project, I hope I finish these, the pattern really is pretty.  I'm wondering if doing this in cotton might be a better idea.?  I'm using up stash for now and these will do fine, if I finish them... I hope I do...



Have a great day...  

4 comments:

susanne said...

Hello Faith. I am at my daughter's today using her pc. I really like the solid one better and agree with you that the variegated would look good for the edging. I know how that is, trying to watch tv and counting. It can be annoying when you are making a starting chain and have a couple of hundred chains to make and someone starts chatting at you and you loose count. Better yet, you get them all mde and counting to double check the count, lol. On more than one occasion I have said, "I AM COUNTING!" That usually does it, lol.
Have a great weekend and hope to see that doily posted up here soon. Still doing baby blankets here....more grannies, I'm burning myself out on them.
Susanne :)

vikki said...

At one time they thought it was a joke to count along with me and then throw in a random number lower than where I was at..I am ADD so I would start counting from that number..until I started pulling power cords or shutting off breakers while they were in the middle of a video game..they leave me alone now while I am counting..I like solid colors better in general..I only use them for flowers and edgings. blessings my friend.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I vote for the solid color, too! I can't wait to see this all finished. What pattern is this? Is this the two toned doily?

Blessings always

Mary said...

Reading posts backwards...but love seeing your latest doily in progress. I like this solid color better also.