Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A wee bit of the vintage Irish Doily...

Well, the picture is what it is...a photographer I am not ( Really?), and the old disclaimer applies here, for those of you who are new...here it is "  I am not a photographer, nor do I play one on TV....these pictures are al natural the way I see things...."   sometimes one must use their own imagination...this might be one of those times....I have to make more leaves around, I am not keen on these....and will be happy when I get through them..and on to the doily...YEAH  :)  but it will really be pretty, this rose is about 4-5" across...



6 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That will be really pretty with leaves around it!

vikki said...

I didn't know the rose was so large in the pattern. I haven't made it yet but it is in my todo pile..I want to see a pick when it is done. What color is that? Looks red but then again it looks a little pink..lovely

vikki said...

I didn't know the rose was so large in the pattern. I haven't made it yet but it is in my todo pile..I want to see a pick when it is done. What color is that? Looks red but then again it looks a little pink..lovely

janice15 said...

It looks just fine to me Faith...I love the pink color. wishing you a great day with love Janice..ty for visiting I enjoy them much...hugs

Beansieleigh said...

Very pretty Ethel!... I am so busy, with homeschooling starting again. Then I had to run to the bank today, which took much longer than I planned. I did a little housework, and I can't BELIEVE it's time to make dinner already! The days are just FLYING by, and I'm always looking forward to the weekend! ~Lucy

glor said...

I love it! The rose is beautiful and your work is perfect. I know what you mean about the leaves, they're a pain but soon they will be done. Its really a pretty piece. I've had mine for years and still love it. Enjoy, blessings.