Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, September 28, 2012

Garlic has arrived!

You'll remember I won in the Garlic Giveaway over at http://dandelionhaven.blogspot.com/, Kateri has this annually so if you like garlic....and I do....be sure to stop by & visit for next Garlic Giveaway...In the meantime, you won't be disapointed by stopping over and taking a look at her exceptional pictures which she takes of beautiful things....she has a knack....please stop over.
As promised the garlic arrived today, and I think that I will be planting it today, I'll stop over at Kateri's place because she has garlic information, how to plant tutorial also. She  grows garlic, and will selling it also from what I've read.. 
Here is a picture of the beautiful garlic I received today, 3 varieties....3 heads of each kind. I never knew
there were so many varieties..


here are the lovlies, I received 3 of each variety, I ketp 1 of each of the white ones in
the cute little bag it came in...so I can identify them....

There are the Chesnok Red which are easy to identify..pretty arn't they?
German Extra Hearty ( large ones on right )
Kettle River Giant 

I can't wait to get these out to the garden....

THANK YOU KATERI :) For hosting the
give away Garlic extravaganza......

it is done...I have plantaed...:)  I saved some back to try in cooking, as I have never had what Kateri sent me, at least I don't think so.  When you buy garlic at the store, who knows how long it has been there...
so I'm looking forward to trying these very soon....they had a wonderful aroma as I was getting them ready to plant.... 


2 comments:

pattas said...

Can't beat the home grown variety Faith.. We preserve some of ours by pickling them in vinegar.. so nice with a salad or eating straight from the jar :))..

Happy weekend :))
Hugs xx

glor said...

I am a huge garlic fan (must run in the family), can't wait to hear about how these are, the flavors, etc. Have a wonderful weekend sister ... blessings.

Leaving the light on for you