Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Sunday, September 9, 2012

In the crochet hopper,

I've been moving the hook, ever so slightly, you know I work Sat,Sun & Mon, and so, there isn't much time for hookin, it comes after dinner, dishes, and the ever popular homework..so I have begun the Irish Rose
Vintage Doily Gloria  http://glor-crochetgalore.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-finish.html   told me about, it is a lovely doily, and I would have love to make a doily clock out of it, but I don't think the hands of the clock would clear the Irish Rose in the center.  I have not yet begun
the ever so lovely potholder yet, I have not chosen color, trying to work from the stash. Ever so cool and lovely here today, and it has been lovely sleeping...

Internet photo credit...

So far I'm still on the rose...I like the different way the pattern goes on this one...


Have a good week......

6 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh I love this. Where can I locate the pattern? It's beautiful. :)

Hope you get some time off soon so you can enjoy the cooler weather and some hooky time, too.

Blessings always my dear friend.

glor said...

Oh, I'm so glad you like this. I thought the rose was so pretty. Can't wait to see what color you are making it. We finally had cooler weather set in today and it is lovely. Have a wonderful evening, blessings.

LindaCrochets said...

This will be a beautiful doily for you! I've seen the pattern before, but haven't made it. Can't way to see yours!
Linda

vikki said...

I have this pattern in a pile (I call it my to do pile)..grandbaby calls it the do do pile..I want to see a pic when you get it done..I love vintage patterns..

pattas said...

This is so pretty.. It will be a great talking piece with the girls..

Blessings to you :))

Faith said...

the rose is color warm rose, it is a size 3, the rest of the doily will be in white, which is what I have plenty of size 10. I'd prefer cream...but am using up the stash....have not moved the hook yet today...I'll get a round to it after the routine life/school things this evening....thanks for popping over and taking a moment to comment...Love it...