Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, September 3, 2012

It a new day & you have the pattern and won't share it? Really?

I'm having my cuppa, visiting around our neighborhood.. I'm off work today, so I need to get moving about smartly,as I do have some things to do. I've not located the pattern (s) for the lovely potholders. So I'm going to move on. It would seem to me, that if I had the pattern, and knew it was out of print, and a neighbor who crochets  wants it, I would share. It is not to be the case. Why showcase your items on Ravelry then?
On my previous posting, there was a picture of a lovely Anne Cabot potholder,which I found while looking at pictures trying to find the one Janice had on her blog.  I did not take the photo off Ravelry, but just off the web and posted about the lovely item. I was chastized by ther person who made it, she said she was confused why I posted the picture without credit to her, and I'm confused that she has the pattern and is on Ravelry, but will not share, didn't even offer. Really? So it has been removed. I apologized and am moving on with moving of my hook and working on the potholder Janice posted about. 
So no picture, no credit & no pattern...everybody looses, I have cancelled my account with Ravelry,
this was my first encounter and it was unpleasant.
 I suppose this is where I think that everybody thinks as I do.  So, moving on. I'm toying with idea of just making it from a photograph. I thank my lovely blog friend  Janice who has inspired me not only with her beautiful work, but her sharing giving heart and willingness to challenger herself.... moving the hook by eye with no pattern  Janice actually does crochet by eye, and is self taught, and if she can do it so can I. Thank you again Janice. 
I appreciate all of you who took the time to look for this pattern for me, and have told me that it is a beautiful, inspiring pattern, and it is Anne Cabot did beautiful work, inspired us all, and we are thankful.
Back to the original doily which has captured our heart which Janice http://spoonwither.blogspot.com/2012/08/green-fried-tomatoes-and-blue.html posted about...going to make this one by eye..have not seen another like it, which makes it so special. It is a beautiful vintage pattern.
Have a blessed day

stop over tomarrow...I've posted about something positive at Ravelry..and it's in the old project hopper....
it wasn't a complete washout...I can't wait to start this little gem...

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Sorry you had a bad experience. I also don't understand why people will not share their patterns. I had the experience of buying a pattern that I really wanted thinking the person I was buying it from was the originator. I later found the same pattern on another blog for free and was told that she had written the pattern several years before the person who is now selling it! While I love this persons work, I will not buy another pattern from her.

Faith said...

I just got your email...sawwwwwwwwwwweeeeet! It looks very close to the one Janice has it....so cool....way cool...:)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh my dear friend. I am so very sorry someone has treated you this way. Who ever this person was she should be ashamed of herself.

Which doily are you going to make from the photo? If you want I will try to help you figure out the pattern, too. I have never worked from a photo, but like you said, if someone can do it, then we all can do it. E-mail me dear friend and I will try my best to help you out. :)

blessings always :)

Mary said...

Ah Faith, so sorry about the bad experience for you. I have never understood why someone is not willing to share a pattern. I often see so many things I would love to try but can't without a pattern. And seeing pretty things certainly inspires me. I have began crocheting a rug for my livingroom. It will be for beauty, not for use. I am using an oval pineapple doily pattern but instead of size 10 thread, I am using cotton yarn. It should be about the perfect size. Once again, I am excited about crocheting. Wishing you lots of free time and speedy crocheting on your projects. Hugs!

Mary