Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Looking for the positive in a negative there one always...& on to the next

It's about time, or should I say how we display time....
so fun..

I'm moving on like I said. I did find one nice person who shared an idea on Ravelry..and I want to share what she has created, since I myself attempted the same project, ( almost ) the doily clock part, but it's how she finished it up, it is a show stopper...and I'm inspired once again to fashion one of these beauties up, using of course my 1957 gift doily pattern as I did before.  
take a look at the really creative crochet clock tutorial this gal put up...she's a gem.
she has a great idea for how to assemble the doily clock on something sturdy...which is where I went wrong.
I've got a few projects in the old hopper...love that..=)+

I don't know what color my background will be..so I'm thinking about colors.. It is a doily clock,
and I guess I'm a purest and so I'm thinking cream color...I have enough :), and then my thoughts turn to that periwinkle blue color thread....the doily I want to make is called two tone doily or
1956 gift doily, so  if I choose to make it in two tones...I suppose that I can have a background which
will match either one...decision decisions...the good kind.
here's the linkaroo..http://totallyfreecrochetpatterns.blogspot.com/2007/01/two-tone-doily.html
look at all the choices....oh bother  =)  you can use any doily pattern for this...but you know I have a weakness for the vintage ones, this is from 1956.....
At this writing I'm going for all cream, the pictures of these are lovely...and the background can be of any color really.... 

Stop over and take a look....

4 comments:

glor said...

Sweet Sister Faith, I love the two toned doily ... I made one some time ago but I may just have to do another. Did you get the pattern I sent you? Have a wonderful day full of blessings and joy.

Susanne said...

As you know I have been following you for awhile and admire the lovely vintage patterns you recreate. This morning I read your past 2-3 posts and how frustrating all this must be for you. Maybe the person would not share the pattern because they wanted money? That is usually what it all boils down to, but some people are spiteful and there is no moving a mountain. Sorry to hear you closed your Ravelry account. I have seen several patterns on there that are for sale and I have the same patterns. They must be mass copying them because I don't quite understand how they can offer up so many of the same pattern. Oh well, like you said, is best to move on. There are nights I can't sleep and so I search around on here. I will keep an eye out for the patterns you are interested in and let you know if I run across them. Who knows, maybe a vintage book will find it's way in one of your friend's hands and they will send it your way. Have a good week, take care.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I think cream will look lovely! :)

This is super cute, I can't wait to see yours all finished.

Blessings always my dear friend

Faith said...

it's all good now...I'll be posting tomarrow Wednesday...and tell you what's going on....it's all good...talk to you all then..

Leaving the light on for you