Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thank you Mary,    http://hereshome.blogspot.com/  for the response about the yarn..Too many decisions I'd say..I went to Pat Catan's on my way home from work yesterday to see if I could find sport weight yarn...I coulnd't find anything especially marked that way.

They had a sign up with the breakdown of the yarns, but I found nothing marked sport.  I ended up buying some thinner then worsted yarn, with with little specs of flashy, sparkling, colorful strands woven within. It is medium yarn and seemed to work better then the worsted. 

( I don't recall the name ) but it seems perfect for something Christmasy... is that a word? I am working on something I saw, and that I thought would make a lovely gift...we'll see how it moves along...

I may try a smaller hook, for I crochet on the looser side, I am using an E size. I saw some lovely yarn, I was tempted...but have no pattern to support the purchase...but have you seen the Lace by Caron? Beautiful, and so thin and soft. A little investigating on what I might do with that is necessary.

Something else caught my eye, it was yarn which has a fragrance built in..I cannot remember the name. I'm a thread gal I suppose, but have been known to also work with yarn..I usually get the same kind usually Red Heart...and am drawn by colors. I don't usually pay attention or even look at all the yarn.

And doesn't the color make the difference in how you feel about making something...it does to me...I tried this same pattern in and Ivory Worsted, and it did nothing for me...with this sparkly yarn...I finished up the main portion of last night..the hook was really moving....

Looking forward to my days off...working today & tomarrow.  I took some pictures this morning at work in the park, the trees from God's coloring book are beeeeutiful..and BONUS...I saw 6 deer, and was able to snap some pictures....one of them not to bad..how about that?

Till the next time...:)

2 comments:

Mary said...

When I was looking at baby yarns yesterday at Joann's I saw the baby sport yarn. I can't remember what brand it was but it is thinner than the regular baby yarn. They are all different because Red Heart baby yarn is thicker than others. You are so right about being drawn to the colors. It is fun to work with pretty colors. I pulled out the entire doily-rug. Not even upset or sad about it. I was over it. I did something wrong and as Andy Griffith would say it was going to be "way yonder" too big for what I wanted. I have already started on another one, round, and I am so excited about it. I got a good start on it last night. I have seen the scented yarns but only in cotton. The Sugar&Cream brand. I am using that brand for my doily-rug. The rug won't be walked on really. I am planning on putting it in front of the TV armoire. It will get stepped on some but I never wear shoes in the house.
I stopped at the grocery store after church and I need to run to Wal-Mart for a few things and then I am in for the night. I will work on my doliy-rug...anxious to get going on it. Hope your day at work is a good one. I am so happy you have a beautiful place to work and free from the stress of your other job. Talk to you soon!

Charlotte Huffman said...

I love yarn also even though I enjoy working with thread more. I love walking through the aisles of yarn in any craft store. I may not buy some but I "touch" a lot of them! :-)