Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

All Homemade bread is not created equal...

I've been baking bread for years, longer than I care to admit. Lately, it has become something less of a satisfying experience, and I questioned by it from the store.. Perish the thought...my husband..just looked at me, with that blank stare. Why he asked.  I gave some ridiculous answer about how it is a waste of my time and the boys don't seem to enjoy it as much, and frankly neither did I. I've kept my eye out for a recipe...It isn't a waste of time, but rather supplies when it doesn't turn out...

Stopping to visit http://simplyhomemaking60.blogspot.com/2012/08/sometimes-i-make-white-bread.html, I parused around & found her bread category...she has as you will see 2 beautiful loves of bread on display...with a link to where she got the recipe...and so being a good neighbor, I am going to do the same here at my place..

.But first...a little bit of show n tell...why don't we?





Look at all this frothy wonderfulness, after 1 hour 

Risin in the vintage bowl, which was my mom's....
a lovely pale yellow bowl..

the bread on the right...is the new recipe...the one on the left
is from the previous recipe...and....

The pan on the left, is a silicone pan..which are ok for baking in, but
maybe not so much bread...it allows the bread to expand sideways and so it bakes short & squat....
http://www.stacymakescents.com/not-so-sourdough-bread/comment-page-1#comment-31907

This recipe is a keeper...so I send out thank you's to
Simply Homaking
and
Stacy makes cents....

Blog Hoppin....this day...
http://www.tillysnest.com/
&
http://mysimplecountryliving.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my gosh, I KNEW I smelled something delicious baking from your way Ethel! Might you have the coffee on too?.. You know? Yesterday I was thinking of doing some baking, but was too busy with other things. I woke up this morning, wondering if I might squeeze it into my schedule, and I think you've talked me into it! I just might try this recipe out myself. It sounds simple enough to make, and looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing the link! ((hugs)) ~lucy

Beansieleigh said...

Oh!.. And P.S... I've never given much thought to the shape and size of my bread pans, but I'll check my small collection of them out with a little closer look now... Enjoy your day!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Clicked over from Tilly's Nest! Your dough is beautiful and the bread looks so delicious. I like to make my own pizza dough but still can't perfect the recipe.

Michelle said...

Your bread looks great. I use to work in a bakery.The best tip I learned was to put a baking pan of boiling water in a cold oven with your bread . It works just like the steam boxes the bakeries use. I especial like using this tip in the winter since my house can be a little cool.

Candy C. said...

Wow Faith! That did work well for you!! What a lovely loaf of bread with the new recipe! It's fun to try new recipes and find some "keepers" isn't it?
I haven't posted the Black Pepper Parmesan rolls yet but have been thinking about it. :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh yum, warm homemade bread. :)

I'll be over in a few with some tea and jam!

Blessings always dear friend

Heidi said...

Wow Faith, that is some bread recipe. Your loaf looks like a movie star.

pattas said...

The glorious smell of home baked bread :))
Huge difference in the loaf size was amazing we just use an old bread tin from the bakehouse..(closing down sale, many years ago).
I think it can be the age of the flour that can play a big part on how the loaf will turn out..
Keep baking Faith, your bread has come up trumps :))

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

I love your blog! New fan here. Please come visit me and share at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-11.html

Lisa
Fresh Eggs Daily

loves2spin said...

I am SO happy that the recipe worked nicely for you! :)