Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, November 2, 2012

Buying yarn...the saga & starting over on the pattern...


Alrighty then...a few posts back, I mentioned that I had ordered yarn because I couldn't find any more round the neighborhood here.. Well, they cancelled my order because their merchandise was damaged and they didn't want to send it out to the customer, which is ok I suppose.

 I tried Pat Catans yesterday and they were closed due to  no  power, and then Micheals today, very little choices, and back to Pat Catans today...really?    They have even fewer choices, and were still out of the yarn I bought initially...following me still?    Oh bother....   So since the pattern calls for a size 3 yarn light/sport, I ended up buying an ecru/ivory color sport yarn a gigunda ball...so I'll have enough..I took whatever I could find.  This, if finished is a gift...so I want it to be right.

So, I think in the future when I want to make something with yarn, not thread...I will order from online somewhere, there are so many more choices. So the little doll dress that I began with the pretty but sparkly yarn, is now changed over to ivory.  Trying to be flexible here....LOL....actually the ivory/ecru is the proper size because it has to be sport yarn.  I'm learning as I go along.  So, now I have the yarn, & the right size hook.....progress just might be made today on the little doll dress..      

Certainly not a major ordeal,  but lesson learned.   I suppose the bulk of what I make, I use thread to crochet with. Every once in a while I'll make something with yarn, or use of the stash and strands I have left so I've really never had to have a specific size of yarn, which I recently learned there are a few different and sometimes I suppose substitution is not an option. 

Where do you order your yarn from?


4 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I've ordered from Red Heart Yarns and Bernat Yarns, both were very quick.

Check the Red Heart site a lot, they offer deals on shipping.

Good luck with your project. :)

Blessings always

Mary said...

I have never ordered yarn online but I agree, the choices are few. Hobby Lobby has the best selection but it is all the way across town. Happy crocheting on your project!

glor said...

I haven't yet ordered yarn but I can see that coming eventually. Michael's and WalMart are the only stores in our area and their selection leaves a lot to be desired. Frustrating, as you have shown, when you're waiting to get a project started. Blessings sister.

Rosemary Hill said...

I get mine from Springwools - they are based in Dublin but ship worldwide :)

Leaving the light on for you