Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Ribbon Candy....the Crochet Kind

Remember Christmas Ribbon Candy?  My mother always had this out at Christmas, my DH remembers that his Grandmother used to have this out during the holidays...It's a Vintage simple pleasure..and I've found that I have bought some too..it looks all pretty and decorative in the bowl...and brings memories from my heart.

I decided a few years ago to crochet some ribbon candy for ornaments...and I found these the other day in the box labeled  " Craft Fair ", which I never got to participate in because they didn't have one at my son's school that year.  So it was fun to run across these, and I think I may put one or two on the tree this year.

The yarn I used for these...is all gone now..
you can of course you any yarn..but the yarn I used for these had sparkles in them...
Caron Pary yarn. ( I think ) .I chose pink, white, and the green...for my ribbon candy....

I've looked at one and counted 60 ch's to begin with, these are all done with sc, you work up onside of the chain and around to the other side, 3 rows on each side. changing and alternating the colors as desired..I've inserted a irredescent pipe cleaner, so that it can get a  ribbonny shape,, by gathering the ribbon along the pipe cleaner,  and hooked it at one end to hang on the tree . 


These don't take long to work up and are really quite pretty...especially with a glittery type of yarn, I suppose if you don't have that, and want to stash bust...a little glitter will do the trick...



4 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh yum! :)

These look so pretty...and yummy!

I remember the ribbon candy, too. Seems like all the cool stuff we use to have isn't around anymore.

Wishing you a lovely day my dear friend....Michaels' today?

glor said...

Good morning Sweet Sister. The ribbon candy is beautiful. I think I remember when you made these. Just seeing these brings back so much of holidays of "long" ago. A fondness for sure. Would love to the tree in your window (saw your comment on Vikki's page). Remember it from last year, its a beauty. Think I'll add making one of these to my list. Have a wonderful day full of blessings.

Susanne said...

Those are cute! I use to do my craft shows mainly with homemade Christmas ornaments, these would have been perfect along with the other things. Hope all is well and you had a Happy Thanksgiving.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

janice15 said...

They are so sweet, who'd thought...great idea you had...just lovely...Happy Monday with love Janice

Leaving the light on for you