Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On the hunt....the story of my life...




I something at Hallmark today...I believe this was knitted, and I'm sure I can make one
in crochet...it was rectangle in shape...and you wrap it around your shoulders, it had 2 huge round buttons..and it was long enough you could wear it as an accessory piece, or on a spring type day...not today as we are getting small flakes of white fluffiness in my next of the woods.. I am on the tall side side...it's true...and this came down to below my elbows slightly... Would this be
a shrug, a wrap?  I'm going to look for a pattern....nothing I make clothes wise comes out as a general rule..I made a vest a while back, my husband calls it the friendship vest, for two could fit in it...just not my forte...but this is rectangle, I can't go to wrong with it can I?  LOL......



4 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Good luck. I hope you post a photo; I think I know what you are talking about.

Mary said...

I haven't been into Hallmark lately. I will have to check our store and see if they have them. Sounds pretty. I still plan on crocheting a wrap/shawl for church. The one I started was a disaster. Good luck and please let us know if you find a pattern.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh, I'd love to see a picture, too.

A shrug is a rectangle folded and then sew up a little ways to create sleeves. It almost looks like a weird sweater or something....I have been seeing scarfs lately that are rectangle with buttons where you can close them to create almost a poncho sort of thing..not sure whats up with that...

If you get a chance to head back there, take your camera phone and get us a picture...you've got my mind racing with what it could be...and you know me..I am ready if you want to do a CAL... :)

Blessings always

DaCraftyLady said...

looking forward to seeing it, I am sure it will look good~~Debb