Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Dandy of a Doily

" Swinging Bells"
Ultimate Doily Book

It's snowing...as predicted..supposed to be a humdinger too...It's pretty to have snow around
Christmas, and we even had Christmas Eve snow which was so pretty and festive..Predicting is
6-12"..we'll see.

 I started this doily about 1 1/2 weeks ago..I'm going to fashion another one up for the my Etsy shop, now that I understand how the pattern works, I will be more at ease with the stitches and how it should feel. Do you have that too?  Whenever you are doing a new pattern?

 think I'll make the next one white...it's a good day for moving the hook. 

Blog Hopping.....


8 comments:

LindaCrochets said...

That is a wonderful pattern for Christmas. I made it a month or so ago in green/white/red/gold colors.

Vikki Hooks said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. The snow is coming down today..I am just going to hunker down in my chair with thread and hook in hand..I have made that doily..it is a really pretty doily.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

No snow for us here in my neck of the woods, but we have rain and sleet...fun stuff! :)

The doily is lovely. I love making doilies...a house is just not a home without a doily!

Blessings always dear friend

Michelle said...

I love looking at your work. It is so lovely. I can't read a pattern. So thing like that are out of my league. I don't know why, but I can't. Show me how to do it and I can write it in a way I can understand. Guess I am just weird.

Faith said...

Thank you for stopping over :)
You know I appreciate it...

Snowcatcher said...

Beautiful! And yes, the perfect way to spend a snowy day. Hope you had a beautiful Christmas!

lemonverbenalady said...

Hey Faith, the doily is beautiful. I don't have that kind of patience! xo LVL

Susanne said...

Love doilies. They are ageless. We live in that area in Ohio where the blizzard hit and unfortunately we had to go out in it twice. As much as I love snow for Christmas, I am beginning to dislike it any other time, and I really felt that way after 3 hours of shoveling the dang stuff!
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)