Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

C'mon on over to my place..let's make cream puffs...

I don't think that I've shared this recipe here, if I have and this is redundant, my apologies..
Today, I'm making cream puffs, the old fashioned way...this is a recipe and I harken back once again to my MIL, this was her's, and her mother's before her, and she has passed her handwritten version down to me now~ another treasure...

So, here we go...now these ARE NOT HARD to make,
really easy peasy.. So let's get started....

Your tools:
medium size sauce pan
Your ingredients:
1 cup water
1/2 cup ( one stick of butter- the real McCoy)
1 cup ap flour
a few grains of salt
4 eggs

Heat water and butter together in suacepan until butter is
melted and mixture boils. Stir in flour and salt all at once.
Cook & stir this mixture over direct heat until the mixture leaves the side of the pan and forms a ball.  I let this cool just a bit, because your next step is to add the eggs, one at a time, and you don't want to cook the eggs.   Your mixture should look smooth.  Drop by tablespoons of your size and choice and bake in a 400 degree oven for 45-50 min for large ones and 15-20 for small ones.I put them on a cooling rack..and then mix up the custard filling.

Your tools:
Sauce pan
Your ingredients
2 tbs butter
1/4 cup corn starch
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten

Melt butter, blend in corn starch, sugar & salt.  Gradually add milk and heat to boiling.  I will temper the egg yolks with some hot liquid before I stir them into to the pan, so they don't scramble.  Return to stove and cook another 2 minutes, stirring constantly and add vanilla. I then
will put this in the fridge to cool down, before I put them in the  puffs.  
After the puffs cool, I slice off a portion of the top and scoop out some of the inside, there isn't much there because they are so light, and fill 
the cavity with cooled custard and place the lid back on. 

That's all there is to that...




Enjoy....  

7 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Yum! :)

Blessings always dear friend

pattas said...

Oh they must taste devine.... Your MIL is a gem :))

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Faith

Ooh these Cream Puffs sound delicious!
I'm in an embroidery Group and also play Mahjong once a week - I'm always looking for something new to tempt the girls with!

LOve getting a new recipe - MERCI!

I hope you're keeping warm.

Hugs
Shane ♥
http://roseslaceandbrocante.blogspot.co.nz/

glor said...

Yummmm, they look so good. Hold everything, I'm grabbing my spatula and I'm on my way!

Faith said...

This wasn't supposed to post yet, but oh well...LOL...There are 3 left from this lot from yesterday...they go fast. Thanks for stopping over.

janice15 said...

They look just wonderful...thanks for sharing ...lol I fixed my boo boo...have a lovely afternoon dear...hugs Janice

VintageBettys said...

They look yummy...I'm going to have to try to make some of these next weekend